If Your New Start Here

Friday, November 28, 2008

Project Wedding Pages - Engaged 11/28

So it didn't happen on Thanksgiving, like I thought it would....

Joe and I have been living together for some time now. We bought a house in September of 2006 together... and let's just say this engagement was long waited! :) We had done some ring shopping on and off for over a year but, nothing was every purchased. I h ad picked out a top 3 at Jared. I knew around the time when he was getting the ring since we have everything together now....

So it was around thanksgiving and I was thinking he was going to ask me that day. We hosted thanksgiving at our house, as we have been doing the past few years. I had a feeling he would do it then since both families were there... Every time he would put his hand in his pocket, or bend down... or do anything, I would gasp as if he might be doing it then. The day went on and on, turning to night... Still nothing. Before I knew it people were leaving and still no proposal.

Needless to say it didn't happen that day or night.

So I was shocked he didn't do it. Because I am always good at ruining his surprises... So the next day or so I was, as Joe would say, relentless. I would pretend to act surprised for no reason. He would be like what's going on, and I'd say "oh just trying to act surprised for when you propose." Joe would laugh and go on about what he was doing. Finally on the evening of the 28th, I was laying around after dinner and said to Joe, "Do you have the ring yet" He didn't say yes or no.... So I said "I hope if you do have it, it's not in some random spot or out in your truck... (Seeing as to my knowledge it was pretty expensive). He said "no" but, then before I knew it Joe was going out to the garage. When he came back in, he had a huge grin and came next to me. He knelt down and put a little box down. And said so will you marry me! As you know... I said "YES!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love! If you have any direct questions you can always email me at thegaltos@gmail.com. Thanks for sharing your interest in my blog.