If Your New Start Here

Friday, February 25, 2011

Double Dose Friday & Photo Challenge Day Six

Today was my first follow up with my doctors office since I started the Bravelle injections.  It is a great feeling to be so welcomed every time I step foot inside the office doors.  I have grown a special bond with one of the nurses, Sally Ann.  In the times of doubt and being worried about things she and the rest of the staff are always there to help.

The ultrasound didn't go as great as I had hoped.  The words, "They may want to change your dosage" don't sound like a positive thing to me.  Although it is still early enough, I hope things change.  My right ovary is not producing follicles well.  I was told to start doubling my dose of medications which I need to inject each night.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for better results on Monday.  As for the rest of my day, my head was in a bit of a fog.  This emotional roller coaster sure can be hard at times.

Photo Challenge Day Six - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day

Some could call me crazy, but I think it would interesting to change places with Kate Gosselin or Jenny Masche.  I bet it was one of the most amazing days to realize they had 6 little life's inside them.  I can honestly say I'd love to trade places with any mother.  I think the gift of motherhood is one of the best gifts given to a woman in life.  It is something I have known I have wanted to be my entire life.  I always knew I wanted to have children.









(Pictures found via Google image search)

2 comments:

  1. Love your new header!! Upping medications is totally normal- don't worry. I hope your right ovary gets with the program and grows tons of follicles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll share a funny story with you from when I was donating last month. It was the day before my surgery and I had my Gonal-F injection SOME time that night, I knew. But I swear the nurse called me at 5:55 when the time limit was 6- I was already out of my house on my way to Texas Roadhouse with friends! Thankfully I had snagged my syringe and brought it with me. My injection time was 7, and as you know, that thing has to stay cold. I started to worry because it was warm in the restaurant and I had an hour...so what did I do? Stuck it in my ice water! The waitress must have thought I was some crazy junky, but hey, it had a cap over the needle, and it was nice and cold when I had to administer it after dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love! If you have any direct questions you can always email me at thegaltos@gmail.com. Thanks for sharing your interest in my blog.