If Your New Start Here

Sunday, August 21, 2011

21 Weeks

How far along:  21 Weeks


Size of babies:  My little Banana's
"Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch."

 
Maternity clothes: Love them!

 
Sleep:  It's so hard to nap when I have a million baby thing's to do going through my head!! 

 
Best moment of the previous week: Hubby putting up closet orgainzers for the twins!

Symptoms: Sausage Feet - Earlier this week my feet started swelling a lot, it was the first time this had happen so I called my doctors office to check and see if I should be worried. He called back and had me stop in on my lunch to make sure everything was fine. I got right in, they checked my blood pressure which was good, and then also checked my urine. With multiples you have a higher risk of Preeclampsia. Your urine would have higher levels of protein if you were starting to get this, but swelling can be an early sign too. Of course mine was fine too! Dr. Cassidy asked if I had felt the babies move that day, but since they are being sluggish I had not been able to confirm that. So he did a quick ultrasound, and there was the little boy waving his hands around, while the little girl chilled out.

Movement: I don't feel them too much. It makes me sad... Everyone is asking if I do, but I can't!! :(

 Food cravings/aversions: Nothing in particular.

What I miss: Not having so many things on my "to do" list

What I am looking forward to: More Macy shopping trips??

Weekly wisdom: One of my friends told me you are supposed to wash baby clothes 2 times when you get them.  Anyone know if this is true?

Belly Pic: To come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love! If you have any direct questions you can always email me at thegaltos@gmail.com. Thanks for sharing your interest in my blog.